ISH ADMINISTRATOR / BOOKKEEPER
Issuance date: Thursday 9th September 2021
Closing date: Monday 11th October at 12pm BST
Commencing Date: December 2021
Contract Type: Part time, fixed term/contract (home based)
The International Society of Hypertension (ISH) wishes to invite proposals from individuals (self-employed / freelancers) or companies experienced in managing charities or associations to provide secretariat services for the Society to include bookkeeping, membership management and communications).
Please email Helen Horsfield firstname.lastname@example.org with expressions of interest by no later Monday 11th October at 12pm BST.
Established in 1966, the International Society of Hypertension (ISH) is committed to promoting and encouraging the advancement of scientific research and knowledge and its application to the prevention and management of heart disease and stroke in hypertension and related cardiovascular diseases around the world.
The Society was registered as a charity in England and Wales in December 2007.
Further information on the Society can be viewed at www.ish-world.com
Scope of work required
Individuals or companies must be able to support all or some of the following areas of work. Interested parties should outline their proposed provision of services, experience, and related costs.
- Manage day-to-day operation of the ISH accounts according to ISH policies.
- Accounts payable, accounts receivable, collections, process and pay expenses and invoicing.
- Preparation of accurate and timely monthly financial statements.
- Prepare information for Trustees Annual Report (TAR).
- Preparation of current financial reports.
- Assist the Society with any annual contracts and ensure fees are raised.
Membership management / data protection policies and compliance / governance:
- Management and maintenance of a centrally accessible Society cloud-based database / site, complying with data protection regulations.
- Annual membership subscriptions: processing, invoicing, and chasing.
- Providing monthly renewal reports for the Journal of Hypertension publisher.
- Preparation of quarterly and ad-hoc membership reports for the Membership Committee chair.
- Dealing with enquiries from individual members.
- Managing new membership applications.
- Circulation of approved email communications according to Data Protection Policies and compliance.
- Support to be offered with Society governance.
Communications and PR:
- Assist with the monthly E-bulletin and quarterly issues of the newsletter including. collation of content, proofreading and circulation to membership and stakeholders.
- Assist with management of social media accounts including posting of ISH committee material, coordination of promotion.
- Assistance with preparing reports on social media activity.
- Support for selection process of sites for Biennial Scientific Meetings every 2 years.
- Potential attendance at ISH Biennial or ad-hoc Meetings.
Ideal service provider / candidate
Candidates (individuals or companies) should be passionate about the mission of the ISH, highly organised and responsive and be able to demonstrate relevant experience for all or some of the areas of work outlined.
- Proposals are required by no later than Monday 11th October at 12pm BST
- Interviews will be scheduled for November 2021 with the ISH Contracts Task Force.
- Service will be required from December 2021.
Letters of support and references from current and past clients will be requested.