What is ISHF?
ISHF is a symbol of excellence. The election as an “International Society of Hypertension Fellow” (ISHF) recognises and honours members of the Society who have distinguished themselves through excellence in clinical practice or research in the field of Hypertension. ISHF status represents recognition by the ISH of your scientific and professional accomplishments in the field of hypertension. The designation of the ISH Fellow is an honour and shall remain valid for the duration of active ISH membership.
Who is ISHF for?
International Society of Hypertension Fellow is open to physicians, scientists, nurses and other healthcare professionals with a major and productive interest in hypertension.
International Society of Hypertension Fellowship Benefits
- Entitlement to use the designation of ISH Fellow (ISHF)
- Professional designation representing outstanding achievement
- Recognition by the Society in various public forums (e.g., the Society newsletter, Hypertension News, website, on slide projection of newly accepted Fellows at Awards Session during Biennial Meeting)
- Reduced registration fee to the Biennial Meeting, to be implemented from Kyoto 2022 onwards
- Fellowship certificate suitable for framing, as a personalised token of your Fellowship status
- ISH Fellowship Ribbon at the Biennial Meeting to enable your peers to recognise you as part of the Fellowship Community
- Opportunity to serve as Mentor for the next generation, as part of the ISH New Investigator and Mentorship Training Committee activities.
- These Fellowship benefits are in addition to those afforded all Professional Members of the Society
- Must be an active ISH Professional Member at the time the application is submitted
- Membership dues must be up-to-date at the time the application is submitted
- Must have been an ISH Member for a minimum of 2 years
- Payment of Annual Fee of $250 (this includes standard full professional ISH membership)
- HINARI ISHF Payment of Annual Fee of $100 (this includes standard full professional ISH membership)
The criteria are established by the ISH Council. Candidates must be able to meet at least 3 of the 6 of the following criteria:
- Show outstanding contributions in basic, clinical or epidemiological hypertension research
- Demonstrated ISH or National Society Service: Active, voluntary participation on ISH or National committees, boards and task forces
- Independent Grant Support/Funding: Serve as Principal Investigator of peer-reviewed extramural research support from a nationally-recognized agency (i.e. NIH, NMHRC, MRC, Wellcome Trust, BHF)
- Publications: Demonstration of consistent scholarly production in the form of journal articles and/or book chapters
- Administration: Serve in a leadership position in academia, industry, or government
- Public Service/Advocacy: Provide unpaid service in hypertension to the community (i.e. research grant peer review panel, abstract grading, May Measurement Month Country Leader, ISH Regional Advisory Group activities, teaching seminars, etc.)
- Mentorship: Demonstrated history of mentoring
How to Apply
Please contact membership__AT__ish-world__DOT__com to be sent your personalized application link. Via this link, you will be asked to submit the following:
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae with complete bibliography
- A cover letter that clearly articulates how the applicant meets the ISHF criteria, on business letterhead, and be signed by the applicant; an electronic signature is acceptable.
- Head and shoulder photograph (high resolution) that may be used to recognize newly elected Fellows in Hypertension News and in the ISHF section of the ISH website and social media.
Review and Election Process
Fellowship applications are reviewed by the Membership Committee and a slate containing the names of candidates that meet the criteria is presented to the Executive Council quarterly. Elected Fellows will be acknowledged at the ISH General Meeting and Awards Ceremony held during the Biennial Scientific Meeting