ISH invites membership applications from clinicians
The ISH would like to announce the expansion of membership to recognise clinicians.
The International Society of Hypertension (ISH) would like to announce the recognition of clinical contributions worthy of membership to the Society and encourage applications from clinicians who have a record of long-standing commitment and high-level contribution to blood pressure, but might not have pursued research in a way that builds a strong CV of original research.
Applications should be submitted including a current CV and two letters of support (from current ISH members, official listings committees, advisory boards, societies, universities or other relevant organizations) providing evidence of clinically-related contributions and commitment in the field of hypertension.
Examples of clinically-related contribution and commitment in the field of hypertension are as follows.
- Leadership of clinical hypertension services in hospitals of similar institutions
- Key involvement in the development of hypertension guidelines
- Office bearing for hypertension or related professional societies
- Senior teaching (undergraduate, graduate and specialist) responsibilities in the hypertension field in universities or in hospitals (with an honorary university title)
- Senior consultancy role for hypertension with governmental committees, including drug advisory boards, regulatory committees and policy development groups
- Committee level involvement in national and international hypertension and related societies
- Contribution through involvement as an investigator in local, national or international clinical trials in hypertension
For further information or to submit a membership application please contact the ISH Secretariat (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).