The International Society of Hypertension is the premier global body dedicated to research, education and clinical excellence in blood pressure and related cardiovascular disease.
Become a member and make a difference.
The society welcomes applications from trainees, junior and established scientists, clinicians, health care providers and allied health care workers, all with a common interest in hypertension research.
Regular Membership is open to (1) individuals who have accomplished meritorious origional investigation in the field of hypertension or (2) those who have made demonstrable contributions to hypertension via clinical involvement.
Reduced membership fees are available for new regular members joining the Society who permanently reside and work in certain developing countries. Please click here to download a list of eligible HINARI countries.
Research Fellowships are designed for graduate students and are entirely free. This is a special opportunity for any young research or clinical scientist undertaking a higher degree to enhance their CV.
Tenure of this category is limited to three years and Research Fellows are required to confirm their status annually. Once they have completed their PhD (or other qualifying research degree), and wish to become a Regular Member, they are required to inform the ISH and provide an up-to-date CV.
The American Society of Hypertension (ASH) is an Affiliated Society of the ISH. For information on how to join this organisation please click here.
As a member, you will:
- Gain savings on conference registration fees for the biennial scientific meetings.
- Receive an annual subscription to the Journal of Hypertension, the official journal of the Society (Regular Members only) Click here for more information.
- Access to the Journal of Hypertension enhanced online content and services (Regular Members only)
- Obtain copies of the quarterly newsletter, Hypertension News
- Have access to the ISH membership list (full contact details of nearly 1,000 individuals working in hypertension and related fields)
- Enjoy broader opportunities to build relationships and network with peers, mentor others, and develop your career as a leader in your field
- Be eligible to receive or nominate candidates for the Biennial ISH Awards. Click here for more information.
- Nominations are considered by the Membership Committee on a rolling basis (every 4-6 weeks) and ultimately approved by the Society at its biennial scientific meetings.
- Payment for Regular Membership is not required until your application has been accepted by the Society. Please click here to view information on the current fees.