ISH New Investigator Symposium on Hypertension and Cardiovascular Disease
September 8th 2014
Hilton Hotel, San Francisco, USA
We invite all trainees/new investigators to participate in our next New Investigator Symposium. MONDAY 8th September 2014 (13:00-17:00 hrs) Hilton hotel, San Francisco.
Abstract Submission Deadline SUNDAY 10th AUGUST at 11:59 HRS BRITISH SUMMER TIME (BST)
The New Investigator Symposium is a FREE half day event that provides a forum for scientists and clinicians in training who have an interest in hypertension and cardiovascular disease. Participants should be younger than 40 years of age OR within 5 years after completing their PhDs/MDs. This is a unique opportunity to present and discuss, win awards/travel grants, make new friends, build research networks and establish collaborations that can last a lifetime. Most of all, this is an opportunity to hear about some exciting research conducted by young investigators from across the globe.
- Keynote speaker : Dr. L. Gabriel Navar, Ph.D.
Tulane University Health Sciences Center
New Orleans, USA
- Several awards/travel grants for winners of the best oral and poster presentations
- Free registration
- Evening social event – networking opportunities
- Abstracts must be submitted independently of the CHBPR 2014 Scientific Sessions through the link indicated on this page.
- Original data must be either new or recently published (up to 1 year ago).
- Abstracts can be similar to submissions made for the CHPBR Scientific Sessions. However, it is equally fine to submit new data.
- Abstract submission deadline: Sunday 10th August 2014 at 11:59 HRS BST
The registration site will open shortly. Please email email@example.com should you wish to attend the symposium.
The symposium is organised and carried out by the International Society of Hypertension (ISH) New Investigator Committee (NIC) and will be held in collaboration with the Council for High Blood Pressure (CHBPR) of the American Heart Association at the time of their 2014 Scientific Sessions.
ISH New Investigator Committee members are shown in the picture above.
(Golden Gate Bridge / Marin Headlands photo above courtesy of San Francisco Travel Association / Scott Chernis)
(Cable Cars California Street photo above courtesy of San Francisco Travel Association / Scott Chernis)