The ISH receives requests to endorse scientific meetings or to be a sponsor or co-sponsor of scientific meetings apart from those that it has specifically organised or initiated.
The criteria and procedures for approval of such endorsement or sponsorship are set out below:
- Endorsement, sponsorship or recognition will only be granted for scientific meetings whose objectives meet with those of the Society – i.e. "to promote and encourage the advancement of scientific knowledge in all aspects of research in hypertension and connected cardiovascular diseases".
- In order for the ISH to endorse a meeting not wholly organised or initiated by itself, the ISH Executive Committee must be actively involved in planning the scientific programme and selecting speakers.
- The Society will only endorse, sponsor or recognise a limited number of high quality scientific meetings which should have an international, multinational or regional basis. Purely national meetings will not normally qualify for endorsement.
- A decision of the Society to endorse, sponsor or recognise a scientific meeting means support without any financial obligations on the part of the ISH.
- A request must be submitted in writing to the Secretary of the Society and should contain sufficient details of the meeting, its purpose and subject matter, its organisers, the members of its Scientific Committee, a copy of the scientific programme, proposed participants, financial sponsorship, publication policy, proposed title, dates and venue.
- The Council will not endorse meetings which are in competition with ISH meetings or its main partners such as ESH, or in competition with publications arising from ISH or ESH meetings.
- The decision to endorse, sponsor or recognise a scientific meeting will be made by the Executive Committee of the ISH Council.
Please send your requests to:
c/o The Conference Collective Ltd.
Suite 2, Churcham House, 1 Bridgeman Road
Teddington, Middlesex, TW11 9AJ
Tel (UK): +44 (0) 20 8977 7997